Sunday, February 9, 2014

Meal Plan 2/10/2014 to 2/15/2014

The meal plan for this week (2/3 to 2/7) was a bit crazy.  I had somethings on the plan that could not be made because of time constrains with everyone.   I told my family that we had to start using the calendar so that I can plan our meals around the busy schedule. With the softball season starting up, singing in church and a host of over Spring-related activities that I hadn't planned for.

Every week I have managed to include one meatless meal in to my menu.  Cooking without meal is a whole lot cheaper than cooking with it.  I've managed to spend less than normal folks by cooking with less than one pound but the expense is still there. 

This week, I have decided on not cooking much meat this week. Last week my paycheck was smaller due to having two days off because of the snow and ice storms.  I've picked out recipes that use items that I already have in my pantry and freezer.   Yes, I know there is a holiday this week.  For holidays and birthday's I like to spend a little more, whether it's going out to dinner, or me preparing a nice meal at home.  This Valentine's day, I will splurge on a nice steak to serve my family.  I am big on spending a little more for food at a holiday or special occasion.  It's a nice treat for all of us.


Mon - Crockpot Minestrone Soup
Tues - Arroz Congri (Cuban Rice and Black beans)
Wed - Margarita pizza (pizza with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella)
Thur - Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Fri -    Rosemary Rubbed Rib-eye, Herb Roasted potatoes, Asparagus ( I LOVE asparagus!)
Sat -    Leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment