Friday, February 7, 2014

Do Something

A few weeks ago while driving home from work, I heard this song.  Most days my drive home from work is my time to unwind, and flush out all the "stuff" from the prior 8 hours.  While unwinding, I hardly ever notice what is playing on the radio.  This day was different, even though the music was low, I listened and  heard each and every word that Matthew West was saying.

The first verse goes as such:

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now
Thought, how’d we ever get so far down
How’s it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven
I thought, “God, why don’t You do something?”
Well, I just couldn’t bear the thought of
People living in poverty
Children sold into slavery
The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, “God, why don’t You do something?”
He said, “I did, I created you”

How often do we sit and wonder why God is not doing something to make this world a better place.  Lots of nonbelievers use this as their reason for not believing.  We live in a world full of so much hate that we as Christians have started to look to God and ask why He isn't doing something.

Last month, our churches message series was called "Make Life Work in 2014".  One one of the passages that had been said over and over and OVER again in each service was " Faith without works is dead".   God created us to do something.  He wants us to have faith that it can be done, but at the same time we are responsible for getting up and help Him to help us. 


Alright, enough preaching for me.  Go ahead and listen to the song.  Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment