Monday, August 25, 2014

Challenge :: Lunch for under $12 PT 2

Here is what I managed to purchase this weekend for lunch.  It doesn't look like much, but I can tell I will be full everyday after lunch.   The bread smelled AMAZING.  It's Garlic - Herb French bread from Wal-Mart.  I also picked up "Cracker Pepper" turkey breast.  There were so many different types of turkey at the deli case.  My husband was eying up the Buffalo turkey breast


Cost breakdown:


Est. Cost Actual Cost
Canned soup (2 servings per can) 1.50 1.88
French Bread (used for sandwiches too) 1.00 1.00
Cut carrot sticks 1.00 0.75
Lettuce 1.50 0.00
Tomato 1.50 0.92
Chunk cheese 2.00 1.98
Apples (bagged) 2.00 1.94
Tuna (canned in water) 1.00 0.74
Turkey (deli sliced) 3.00 2.51
Totals        $14.50 $11.72

After unpacking and organizing, I did some prep work.  Carrots had to be peeled and cut into sticks.  I also cut the cheese (LOL!) into small cubes and separated them into baggies.  Doing a little bit of prep work helps when I have busy mornings.  Sandwiches couldn't be made ahead of time because I didn't want the bread to get hard.   Eggs were boiled and tuna salad was made.

This challenge was fun.  It made me think about what I was purchasing and how much I could eat each day. I'll update you later this week to let you know how everything went. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment