Tuesday, March 25, 2014

10 + lbs in 7 days? Hmmm



Last week I decided to do a crash diet I found on Pinterest.  It claimed that you could lose 10 + lbs in 7 days. 




One the first day, I ate a small amount of baked macaroni and cheese.  It was very good and worth it. After eating a bunch of fruit all day, I was tired of looking at grapes, apples, clementines and pineapples.   I did manage to drink the sassy water (flat belly diet) all day it it did help with the hunger.  

On day 2, I packed what was in my refrigerator ( I did not plan this out very well).  I had carrots, celery, bell peppers.  It was hard eating these items for breakfast.  I quickly got tired and opted to eat what veggies were on the menu in the café at work.  I had green beans and roasted red potatoes; that seemed to satisfy my never ending hunger.  For dinner I sauteed up bell peppers with some yellow squash and mushrooms in olive oil and Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning.  If you have not tried the Mrs. Dash seasonings, you should.  My favorites are the chipotle and the garlic herb flavors.

Day 3 was not as bad as day one and two, I had my fill from dinner the night before so I did not wake up so hungry.  I had a fruit salad for breakfast, which kept me full until lunch.  For lunch, I ate a Santa Fe Chicken Salad from Chili’s.  One of the suppliers came in and asked us all to lunch.  For dinner, I had some more fruit salad, leftover sautéed veggies from the night before and a small slice of Mediterranean Chicken pizza from Papa Murphy’s. 

Day 4 was the trickiest day.  I picked up 8 bananas from the grocery store and a 6 pack of greek yogurt.  All day I ate and ate and ate my fill of bananas and yogurt.  At first I thought I would get sick of it, but it was actually manageable.  The bananas and yogurt gave me the nutrients I needed to push me onto day 5.

Day 5 was easy; I ate a pint of tomatoes for breakfast.  You would be surprised how filling they are.   For lunch, I went to the Chinese restaurant and ordered a pint of chicken with veggies.  I took the rice home and gave it to my daughter.  For dinner, I made some barbecued chicken thighs with some sides we had leftover from earlier in the week.  I ate my chicken thigh without the barbecue sauce and had some sauteed veggies.

Day 6 I did not have chicken for breakfast.  This day I went for my 4 mile run in the morning.  It went well considering the lack of exercise I had for the past week and half.  I went to Starbucks afterwards and got a chocolate banana smoothie.  It was good and I deserved it considering what I had the willpower to decline during the week.  I went home and snacked on fruit all day until dinner.  My husband was in the mood for Thai so that’s what we had. I had a thai dish that included chicken, bell peppers and mushrooms in a sauce.  It was very

On day 7, I went without the soup.  I did however eat lighter than I normally would.  I snacked all day on oranges and fruit.  I drank my sassy water and for dinner had grilled chicken and asparagus!  

After the 7 days, I lost 6.5 lbs. I will be honest and tell you that I cheated.  I also was still recovering from the biopsy pains and did not exercise at all during this.  I guess if I had planned this better and exercised I could have lost the 10 lbs.  

If you do try this, I do suggest taking a multivitamin each day as well as making sure you take any other supplements.  I am iron and vitamin D deficient so I  had to set these items out each day so that I remembered to take them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment