Friday, February 17, 2012

Mango Salsa

Happy 3 days after Valentine's Day!! Ha ha ha… I actually wanted to post on Valentine's day but work was/is super busy and I left early so that I could go to the grocery store before all the late, last minute, flower and card purchasers (yes, they were out @ 4 pm on Valentine's day).  I always prepare dinner and dessert for everyone on Valentine's day.

This years menu :
Jamaican Jerk Cajun Salmon with Mango salsa, wild rice and strawberry cheesecake.

I found the recipe for Salmon/Mango salsa on Epicurious (my new fav. iPhone app).  Since I am trying to eat healthier I decided to try this salsa with my salmon and I have been eating the mango salsa every day since I made it. The first day it was good, but after it sat in the refrigerator over night the flavors really blended and that onion wasn't so strong.

I took this to work the next day and enjoyed some leftover salmon and the salsa on a wheat tortilla.  It was almost the best fish taco I've had. 


What you need:

  • 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 pineapple, cored and diced
  • 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided

  • What you do:
    Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!


    michaela desiree

    No comments:

    Post a Comment